BioDOptix® Amniotic Extracellular Membrane
BioDOptix® Amniotic Extracellular Matrix is a dehydrated, membrane allograft derived from human amniotic tissue that is intended for use in ocular tissue repair.
- Preserves the key components of native human amniotic membrane using the Dryflex® processing technology.
- Preserves the continuous, intact epithelium, basement membrane, compact and fibroblast layers of the amniotic tissue.
- Maintains the presence of cytokines and growth factors with particularly high quantities of EGF, PDGF, TGF-, and TIMPs 1 and 2.
The science behind human placental tissue
Human amniotic membrane has been used to treat a variety of wounds for over 100 years and the first reported use for ocular surface defects was reported in 1940 by De Roth. Research has shown that placental tissues can promote new tissue formation, reduce scar tissue formation, modulate inflammation and pain and may have antimicrobial effects.
Amniotic tissue has been shown to clinically and scientifically to support soft tissue repair, reduce inflammation and minimize scar tissue formation.
Amniotic tissues are an abundant source of collagen, as well as the other proteins and growth factors that are essential to support the body’s natural regenerative healing process. These tissues are attained during childbirth, processed and preserved to maintain their viability.
Broad range of therapeutic applications
- Corneal defects, ulcers
- Scar prevention
- Ocular & Conjunctival Surface Disorders/Reconstruction
- Severe Dry Eye Suffers- Keratitis
- Chemical/Thermal Burns
- and many others
Why Bio D?
- Easier to apply
- More comfortable for the patient
- No ring to hold in place
- Less expensive resulting in higher revenue percentages
- 5 year shelf life with no refrigeration needed
- 2-minute procedure reimburses average $1,500
- CPT Code 65778
- Introductory Pricing Available